Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Two moves per day...

We're getting close.

My Outlook task list contains about 80 must-do items. Twenty of those are my remaining Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tasks. The rest are things like "Redo banners and logos" (they all say "MyTruckBUD" instead of "Buddy.") Or, "Add online payment options." Etc.

The goal is to get at least two $150 moves per day. Actually, no, that's not the goal. The goal is to make about $320 per day. It can be one move, or it can be five. But two is the most realistic, comfortable amount. Why $320? Because that's what it's going to take to make $100,000 per year with about four Sundays off per 30-day month. Obviously this is a rough goal, but it's a goal.

I've hesitated to commit any big, bold goals to paper until now because I haven't been sure I could do it. However, lately the business has been rolling in due to both my efforts, and the efforts of a mysterious Indian marketer. More on him later.

The other day I deposited a stack of twenties about as high as the knuckle on my middle finger to its tip. I was tempted to throw it on the floor and roll around in it. In fact, now that I'm thinking of it, I wish I had. I can just feel those dirty, gritty twenties all over my skin...

Er...sorry.

Anyway, that's what happens with basic guerrilla marketing and good customer service. I've only implemented a fraction of the things I want to (and should). Now that I'm in the home stretch of completing my "wish list," I think I'm about to push this thing through. What comes next is anyone's guess, but grossing $100,000 is a very realistic goal.

Of course, I hear that you're taxed especially hard as a business owner. 'Cause, you know, business owners are filthy rich, rolling around in stacks of twenties all the time. They make their underpaid, illegal alien housemaids they don't pay taxes on clean it all up. And we beat the crap out of them if even one twenty dollar bill is missing.

Two moves per day ought to get me there. And then Conchita better walk the line.

5 comments:

Becky said...

I'm sure this is not news to you, but isn't there some way to automatically redirect anyone that goes to the old URL to the new URL? Or are you getting rid of the old address altogether? Because that way, you wouldn't have to worry about getting rid of all your old marketing stuff, you could just phase it out over time.

Oh, and *someone*, not me of course, thinks you're going to flake on dinner next week. *Someone* will be mighty hard to handle if this is the case. I can't be responsible for what might happen. Just saying. :)

Steph said...

Nice work.

I don't know if you do this or not, but I find it very powerful to write my goals down, and then review them first thing each morning, and then before I go to bed.

It really helps to keep me focused.

Keep up the good work. :)

Steph

Christopher said...

Steph--actually, I'm starting to do that. I've been just knocking things down as I realized I had to do them, but now that I've got a final list, it's working pretty well.

JimmyV said...

You are my hero. I'm just starting to turn a small but consistent profit.

I guess I better start reading my goals.

Christopher said...

Persistence is key, as they say...

For some reason I thought you were a house-flipper, Jimmy. I just read your latest posts and I guess I was mistaken. Easy mistake to make, though. Fully 75 percent of the male readers of this blog are all named "Jim."