Saturday, May 2, 2009

When physics attacks...(Updated)

Yesterday was fun. The picture below shows a 12' high truck I rented for my big job of the day. It's positioned right behind a 12' high beam that's supposed to prevent oversized trucks from entering the building.

My #1 guy, who I asked to lead that mission, drove the truck in with no problem, apparently, but when he tried to reposition and back out, suddenly the truck was about an inch too high. I don't get it either, but the space/time continuum has been a real bitch lately. The day before, I had to move several items down a long, narrow alleyway between two rowhouses. I'm not an exceptionally large person, and the two brick walls nearly touched my shoulders when I stood in the center of the alley. My customer swore that her couch and several other items had made it through before. We tried and tried, but no angle would get some of the things (like the couch) down the alley.

So, yeah.

Anyway, we tried a bunch of things, up to and including strapping a one-ton garbage receptacle onto the lift gate. Uh uh. In the end, Penske sent a technician out and deflated the tires. That still wasn't enough. But, the technician was able to jump up and down on the back so that we were able to just squeeze it through.

Fun times...

Uploaded by www.cellspin.net

2 comments:

Steph said...

Oops!

Anonymous said...

what she said


jimi