Thursday, May 8, 2008

The desk update

Well, I couldn't find any takers for the desk, so now it's in my office. This works very well for me, as it turns out. I literally work in a supply closet with about 50 boxes of refrigerator magnets behind me doing God-knows-what to my synapses and/or metabolism. (I think they elongated the back of my head--I'm now naturally well-endowed to ride in the Tour de France...) I also inherited boxes and boxes of old files, office supplies from the 80s, (not as fun as the music) and two large file cabinets. All this in a...oh...eight by ten-foot space. But once I got clearance to import the desk, I got rid of most of the other crap. Now I have walking space, and I can lean my chair back! Nap time, here I come!

Here's a pic of the new and improved arrangement:

1 comment:

Becky said...

Yep, I'm still here! I'm actually forgoing the cross-country move to stay here and go to a little local school...Georgetown, ever heard of it? ;)

That being said, I'm still going to be moving into my own place next month, to relieve myself of the hassle of telling my roommates to shut up if I need to study or sleep. So you might not get that big commission from the move to CA, but I'm sure we can work something out ;)